Friday Favorites

Today I'm linking up with Momfessionals and telling you all about my favorite things. Can you just go ahead and call me Oprah? "You get a car! You get  car! You get a car!" Didn't you just love her enthusiasm? I still quote her "You're going to AUSTRALIA!!" I digress... BUT, speaking of Australia


My Favorite destination to dream of living. Yes, I know I just stretched that a bit far, but seriously. Australia just sounds so exotic. The Great Barrier Reef, Sydney Opera House, Ayres Rock, I just want to see it all. My husband and I seriously considered trying to move there, he even applied for a few jobs, but we were afraid we would never want to leave. Instead, we decided that Hawaii was exotic enough. I know my Mama is happy I didn't decide to move to the complete opposite side of the world. Just a quarter.


My favorite place to shop right now is the Target $1 Spot. (Can we just start calling it the $3 spot?) EI love this time of year with all the back to school things they have. If I were a teacher, with a classroom, I would have no money left because I would buy ALL the things! I love the flashcards they have. I actually have a little container full of flashcards, because my girls love them so much. This year I picked up a pack with landmarks and a new pack of animal flash cards. I love that my 5 year old was asking questions about The Leaning Tower of Pisa and was so excited to see the cards of places she has visited. Any chance I have to expose my people to travel, I take it. The two year old (Still can't believe she is two!) was happy to have her own set and she loved sitting down and going over animal names and sounds. If you have a chance, go and check it out and luckily the flash cards are still a dollar.


My favorite comfort item is my bag of corns, or "my corns". They were made by my sweet friend, Lisa, a while back, and I have loved them since day one. I have terrible posture since having my children and my neck always seems to be hurting. My corns sure make things feel a whole lot better. I just pop these babies in the microwave for 3 minutes and they are just the right temperature. Head on over to Coast to Coast and ask her how she made them. I have no idea, but it sounded pretty easy.


My most favorite are these cute photos of my oldest and my dear hubs. She had to have a little procedure performed this morning, don't worry nothing major, but she had to be put under for a few minutes. She is a daddy's girl through and through and wanted him to take her back to the OR. I love seeing them together. Their cuteness almost diminishes my insecurities about not being her favorite. ;)


One more thing. Writing this blog. I have been told for years that I needed to start one and it feels so great to be writing! Thank you all for your support and words of encouragement. If you don't mind hit the subscribe button, leave me a comment, or share a post if you like it. Hope you have a glorious weekend filled with sleeping, someone else cooking and cleaning, and no fighting amongst your children.

Comments

  1. Great favs and thanks for the shout out. Maybe I need to do a post this winter on making "corns". The pictures of E and D are so darn cute. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally need to do a post about the corns. They are my favs! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling: Tips and Destiantions

Friday Favorites- Jimmy Kimmel invades the Start-Up

The Child I Lost