A Peppa Pig Party

This year for Little H's birthday, we decided to throw a Peppa Pig party. I love this little piggy. Maybe its because of her adorable English accent and it reminds me of our time there, or maybe its because they are always making fun of Daddy Pig's big belly. Either way, I really love the show.


I started preparing early because I knew we would be out of town for the few weeks prior. (I talked a little bit about our trip here) I knew I didn't want to go overboard, but definitely wanted to do something special since we skipped a first birthday party.




First I decided to make a little game. Instead of 'Pin the Tail on the Donkey' we had 'Put Peppa in the Muddy Puddle' (The whole show talks about her love of jumping in muddy puddles) To do this, I found a photo using the wonderful google search. I could have just printed and cut by hand, but I received a Silhouette Cameo for Christmas and I have been obsessed with it ever since. I used it to cut out the little Peppas.




I then decided we needed a wall of Little H. I used double sided tape to stick the pictures on the wall and I had some left over paper flowers that I added, just because who doesn't love a cute paper flower? A couple of months ago I went all out and decorated for Teacher Appreciation Week and I really got into the paper flowers.



I also used my Silhouette to make the food signs. We had "Daddy Pig in a Blanket", "Goldie's Fish", "George's Dine-Saws", "Pedro Pony's Pirate Booty", and "Peppa's Magical Cookies". Again, if you haven't seen Peppa Pig before, these are all referencing the show.




This year I decided to make an ice cream cake. Little H has an egg and peanut allergy so I always have to be aware of that, but we also had a little friend over that has an allergy to dairy. So we were limited to sorbet. Häagen-Dazs has great sorbet and I used their raspberry and zesty lemon. For the crust I found a great recipe on pinterest and I think it'll be a favorite for a while. It worked out great for our friend with the dairy allergy to eat the cake as is, but for the rest of us, we topped our pieces with ready-whip and it was the perfect combination of sweet and tart. (I will have to learn to get better at this whole photography thing)




The party was a success and we all had a great time. I couldn't have done it without my sweet friends helping me with all the food. I learned a few birthday parties ago to let friends help when they offer. If you don't you end up missing the entire thing and feel a little left out when its all said and done. I love when I get the chance to repay the kindness and help out with others parties.



For party favors we gave each child a balloon and a little sucker. I know some go all out with party favors, and to each their own, truly, but for me I always feel a little silly buying little trinkets for 20 kids. Every child loves a balloon and since I've started giving that as favors I've received nothing but praise and huge smiles from the kiddos, plus it adds great decor to the party.




What has been your favorite party you have attended or thrown? Leave me a comment and tell me about it!

Comments

  1. Awwww, it looks like a perfect party and the cake looks delicious. I love how H is staring at it while y'all are cheesing for the camera��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling: Tips and Destiantions

Friday Favorites- Jimmy Kimmel invades the Start-Up

The Child I Lost