What's Up Wednesday

Today I'm linking up with Shay, Sheaffer and Mel for What's Up Wednesday


This is my first Wednesday link up. Do you know what a link up is? I'm still really new at all this, but basically a blogger "hosts" a topic and a bunch of bloggers can write about the same things. Then we all have our links in the same area which means its a great opportunity to find new blogs to read. So, check out the links above for a whole lot of links and maybe you'll find a new blog to love.

Here are the questions that are asked every month. 


The question of the month...What is your favorite part of summer?
Getting to spend time in the water. I grew up near Broken Bow lake, which is in southeast Oklahoma and absolutely beautiful! When I joined the military I remember getting home sick and all I wanted to do was spend a hot day at that lake. I love the smell of sunscreen, hot skin, floaties, and charcoal. Now I live in Hawaii and I get to experience that year round, which I'm so thankful for!
Broken Bow Lake from my daddy's boat

Little H was digging the boat ride with Pops!

My sister and step mother. We had a great day at the lake!



What I'm eating this week
It's towards the end of summer and for some reason I'm running out of ideas. I am a pretty avid meal planner and this week we are going pretty simple. Pulled pork sandwiches, tacos, baked chicken with a few veggies, and pasta. I'll have something fancy next time. ;)

What I'm reminiscing about...
My husband's birthday is in a few days and I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do to celebrate. It has me thinking of just a few short weeks ago when we were in California. He surprised me with tickets to see the San Francisco Symphony. It was a night celebrating the work of John Williams (Jurassic Park, ET, Harry Potter, and Star Wars, just to name a few). It was such a wonderful night. I loved the music and the atmosphere. Before the show started they had Star Wars characters in costume. R2D2 was so legit I swear it could have been the real deal! I geeked out for sure and was super happy they had people there to snap your picture with them.




What I'm Loving...
I've mentioned it so many other times, but I LOVE my Silhouette Cameo. I love it! I don't know how I ever did life before I received mine.


What we've been up to...
We stay pretty busy. As of lately though we have really been focusing on downsizing. We spent the entire day Saturday working on the garage and we still aren't finished. When we moved here we moved into a house half the size of the one we were currently in. That has created this pile of "stuff" that we just can't seem to get rid of. However, it feels great to purge and make things more organized. I just wish we could get it finished already. So, full disclosure, here it is. My crazy garage! Judge all you want.  Before and after day 1. Still so much left to do.



What I'm dreading...
I'm really dreading school starting back. Yes, I'm also excited because my days will be a lot quieter and I do enjoy the routine of a school drop off, but I HATE having to get out of the house so early every day. I sure hand it to you working out of the home mamas! Getting out of the house with the kids early is hard work!

What I'm working on...
I've been working on several little craft projects lately. Actually, I usually always have some sort of project in Que. Recently I finished making a world map. I also made a sign for my sister's bathroom, and a sign for a dear friend of mine. In addition I also made the girls bedding for their American Girl dolls. I talked about it here. I am all about the signs lately, but I'm excited to start making some shirts for school.  Making things is so therapeutic for me and whenever I have had a rough day or just really need to unwind, I let everything go and get creative.

Still a little rough around the literal edges, but its getting there.

My sister is such a hippie and she requested this for her new apartment's bathroom

Ohana means family. Remember that from Lilo & Stitch? It's a prominent word here in Hawaii

I finished this baby and was so proud of it until I realized I misspelled Van Gogh's name. Epic FAIL!

What I'm excited about...
I am excited about August 4. I am taking my husband to see Jack Johnson for his birthday. Poor guy really isn't in to music, but he loves Jack Johnson. Plus, the guy is kind of worshiped here in Hawaii since this is his home. I am really excited for a date with my man and getting to spend time at the Waikiki Shell. I've heard it has a chill vibe and it looks so cool.


What I'm watching/reading...
 Oh, how I love reading. Since becoming a mom I somehow have just fallen off the wagon. I think my mind is moving 100 mph that I struggle to sit down and read a book. I have spoken to so many other moms who say the same exact thing. I am hoping I can get a handle on this and start reading again soon, because I do miss it.
I've been watch Game of Thrones and couldn't be happier about it! Geez, the show is just so good.


What I'm listening to...
I have been listening to Pandora for about a year now and I thought I was in love. That was until I discovered Amazon Music! Wow, so much better! I have been listening to a lot of Sia recently. I discovered her while watching an episode of Jimmy Fallon and its been love since. I know I'm way late to the game, but I'm a mom. I have excuses. 

What I'm wearing...
ummm... I am wearing clothes. Capri yoga pants or shorts, a tank top, and my toes are mostly all the way painted. Good thing since I sport "slippas" everyday. What can I say? I live on an island. It's hot every day.


What I'm doing this weekend...
This Saturday morning we are taking E to meet her soccer team and coach. After that we will probably have a beach day. Sunday Hubs will go either paddle boarding or scuba diving and the girls and I will hang out. (Its part of his birthday gift to go diving).
Look at that cutie!

First day of 2016 soccer

Daddy and his girls love our paddle board


What I'm looking forward to next month...
I'm looking forward to school starting and getting back into a routine (despite having to get up so early). E loves school and always does so well when she has the structure that school provides. I'm really hoping to be class mom again so I can be involved and help out a lot.

That is it folks! To make sure you don't miss a post, hit subscribe. <3 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling: Tips and Destiantions

Friday Favorites- Jimmy Kimmel invades the Start-Up

The Child I Lost