Friday Favorites- Jimmy Kimmel invades the Start-Up




Hi Friends!

I'm jumping back in with Friday Favorites. . .

1. Podcasts 
I just discovered podcasts a few months ago and they are truly life changing. If you are a stay at home parent you know how lonely that can be. I love putting in an ear bud and getting to work  around the house. It distracts me from what I'm doing. I feel engaged. I learn new things. Most importantly though, I don't feel quite so lonely. Sure, I'm not actually having a conversation, but I'm listening to one and there is something to that.

My favorite show is "The Simple Show". Tsh Oxenreider is an adventurous mother who strives to live a simpler life. She talks about travel, books, and life at home with family. I always feel like I learn something valuable while listening to her and I really enjoy when she talks about the year she spent traveling with her family of 5! The beginning episodes she jumps around with lots of different types of hosts and in her later shows she locks down a few repeat guests.




2. Books
To piggy back on my love for Tsh Oxenreider, I have to recommend her book, "At Home in the World". She takes us on her journey around the world with her husband and 3 kids. I love to read travel books but most of them are about singles or couples with no children. I love how she shows the ins and outs of traveling with children. Its insightful, not just for long term travel, but traveling with children in general. I also love the themes of struggle she has between wanting to see the world and wrap her arms around travel, but also yearning for home, even if she isn't sure where that is. 

"I was infected with an incurable sense of wanderlust, but I was also a homebody." 




3. Wireless headphones
You probably aren't wandering how I am listening to these podcasts, but let me tell you anyway. Since I got my new iPhone, sans an aux port, I was forced to buy a new pair of bluetooth headphones. I love this wireless pair. I love the weight, the retractable cords, the buttons on the base. They really are my favorite pair of earbuds I've ever owned. If you need a new pair, or just don't like yours, check these out! 


4. "Crowns"

H has found all the baby headbands and has found a love for them. Not as accessories for her outfits, but rather as a 'crown'. Yes, that is what she calls them. She loves to add multiple bands at once and will walk around with them on until they either get completely in her eyes, or we have to take them off for bath time. Of course I can never get her to cheese it up for the camera, but here are a few examples of her crown wearing. 

One night, we put the girls to bed and went downstairs for a nice quiet viewing of Outlander. We had been down there for about an hour and a half. We thought the girls were both asleep, because we hadn't heard a peep from them. We turn off all the lights, start the dishwasher, and head up the stairs, for bed, to find THIS!! HAHA This girl had snuck out of bed, found some 'crowns' for her head and was crouching on the top step, just spying on us!! It gave us quit the startle, and laugh. 
Sneaky ninja

Here she is wearing a pink dance outfit, a suede vest,  a princess cape,  approx. 5 headbands, reflective belt and a chef's hat, all on top of her regular clothes. Man, does this girl know how to show her style!

Just one crown for this silly girl

5. HQ Live. 

Have you peeps heard of HQ Live? Some of our new friends introduced us to HQ Live on New Year's Eve and since then Donny and I have been testing our trivia skills every chance we get. It's a new start up and what you do is, sign on whenever they are live, about 2pm and 8pm CST, and answer 12 questions. If you get all 12 questions right you split the prize money with whoever else won. Its fun and silly and every now and again you get a snazzy host like Jimmy Kimmel!! Wow, that was a surprise. I was actually writing this post and received a notification that HQ was live. I stopped to swing for the fences and there he was. HA It's fun and I love helping out start ups, so check it out!



There it is, folks! The favorites of the week. Check back next Friday to see what else I've discovered. 

Cheers!
Sarah <3 







Comments

  1. I love H in her "crowns" Katie had us playing HQ with her while she was home. Man are those hosts cheesy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, they are! I love it though. So silly and fun.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling: Tips and Destiantions

MLK Day