Adventures in San Francisco

I wasn't sure about sharing an adventure story for post number 2, but here I am. My family is taking a break from responsibility and visiting great friends in California. This week we had the chance to spend some quality time with our family of 4.


Pier 39 is such a tourist trap and for some reason we are tourists to the end because we always find ourselves there. Sea Lions, The double decker carousel, and the views of Alcatraz just get me every time. We were all exhausted while we were there but there is something about being outside with your people that just makes you happy inside. 


After everyone was thouroughly frozen, and tired we visited this cute little candy store that wasn't so little. It was pretty flipping big! The girls really couldn't keep their heads straight for more than a few seconds at a time because there was so much to look at. I'm not going to lie, I was pretty overwhelmed too, but in a good way. We found Kinder Bueno White Chocolate, which is an absolute favorite from Europe, so we all left with a big smile on our face. 


Then to add to our bags of goodness I found a creepey and they had s'more creeps. Hold on and take that in a second. A super thin pancake filled with chocolate chips, marshmallows, and crushed graham crackers! Is this even real LIFE?! Needless to say it was scrumptious. The girls very much enjoyed dipping their fingers in whipped cream and then licking them clean. 




We attempted to walk to the cable cars, but we were just too exhausted. I kind of had some internal struggles between wanting to do all the fun things and knowing my 5 and almost 2 year old had had enough. So we walked way too far with no reward in the end. I will say we walked by lots of resteraunts and bakeries and the smells were enough to calm my tired mama mood. Seriously, is there anything better than the smell of fresh bread? Come on, someone send me a bread maker for Christmas, please! 

To end our little day of adventure we went to visit a few Full House spots.We started watching the show several months ago and for some reason both girls are completely captivated. They actually sit down and watch each episode in it's entirety. It's been special to have those evenings in the living room together and we almost always have some kind of captivating conversation with the 5 year old afterwards. The only thing missing is the sappy violin music. So, we found "the house" and then visited the painted ladies. Shamelessly, we listened to the Full House theme song a few times and sang along like the sappy tv show junkies we are! 


All in all, we had a wonderful day in "The City". My husband and I are both pretty captivated by this place. The cool crisp air, the crazy, hilly streets, cable cars, the people. I wish I could live in a tiny apartment at the top of one of the thousands of historic homes that line the streets here. I know that I am one lucky girl to be able to visit here so often. I never forget where I came from.




Comments

  1. And your friends love it when you come "home"❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling: Tips and Destiantions

Friday Favorites- Jimmy Kimmel invades the Start-Up

The Child I Lost