Moving- Week 1 Recap

I have a computer!! I left with such haste that I went off and left my computer and blogging on my phone has proven to be most difficult. I've managed to write several posts and I haven't been able to post any of them. Since it wouldn't make much sense with the days being all off, I'll just do a big recap.

Our last night in Hawaii was spent in Waikiki. That is where we spent our first night, once moving there, so I found it only fitting to spend the last night there as well. We had some Kalua pork pizza followed by Honolulu Cookie Company. I love the Cookie Company's cute little pineapple shaped cookies and it has kind of become a "thing" we do whenever we come down in the evenings to see the beach. 
I don't ever want to forget this


My feelings that evening were conflicted. I was thankful for the time I had spent on that beautiful island and at the same time sad to leave, happy to move forwards, wondering if I would ever get to come back. This is one of the hardest moves I have ever had and its because of these feelings. I LOVE Hawaii. I will always love Hawaii. I wonder if I will ever not miss it. 


The next day we got up bright and early and headed for the airport. We ended up, for reasons I cannot remember, doing a layover in San Francisco. Let me tell you that I will not be doing that again. Laying over with two little kids by yourself was not the most pleasant experience. Next time daddy has to come too! 24 hours later we were in the car and headed towards Oklahoma and that is where we have been staying ever since. This is what we've been up to....

I had a night out with 3 of my siblings. The 4 of us grew up together, in the same house, and it felt all warm and fuzzy to have us all in the same place again. I can't believe how old we are. 



We've had fun with Aunt G and her friends. 

We've relaxed


We had a flat tire

We painted rocks




We've been enjoying all the parks with swings. Little back story, Hawaii is lacking in the swing department. Like, there are only a handful of parks, out of all the parks on the island, that have swings. My girls naturally love swings and are so excited to finally have them easily accessible. This picture was taken at the little park that is across the street from our new house! 



Yes, most important thing is we found a house!! Its an adorable house on a quiet street. We are/will be residents of Flower Mound very soon. Mr. is still in Hawaii finishing up his time at his old job and getting our house all ready to be packed up. We are missing him terribly and can't wait to have our family whole again.

I promise to try and be better at writing. Finding a routine while displaced is hard and I am longing for the day we are settled in our new home, E is in school, and I can find a new normal. 

Happy Friday, Friends!

Cheers!

Comments

  1. WOW! Lots going on. I'm so happy you found a house and things are moving along! I can't believe you were is SF and we didn't even know...so close, but we couldn't have gotten to you😩

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was so strange being that close to all the people I love and not being able to see a single one of them. I sure could have used a hug for that layover. ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling: Tips and Destiantions

Friday Favorites- Jimmy Kimmel invades the Start-Up

The Child I Lost