Moving- Week 2 Recap

My life revolves around moving at the moment. We are into our third week, so I thought it was time to give a week 2 recap...


We went to the lake last weekend. Broken Bow lake to be exact. It is one of my favorite places and definitely my favorite place in Oklahoma. Such a beauty and filled with wonderful memories. We went out on my dad's boat and went exploring. We went pretty far up north and found a gorgeous spot. We all decided to jump in for a little dip and E had a blast jumping in over and over again. My dad was ecstatic to see his little daredevil grandchild in action.







We made a cardboard box fort. I mentioned before that my dad got new appliances. We put the leftover range box to good use. I cut out a little door and window and the girls were so happy to have a special little place in their grandparents' living room. 


We watched the eclipse with my mom. I loved how eerie the sky was.


We played at parks.



We visited some libraries



More parks




And finally we made our way to Texas. I wish I had taken proper photos before I unloaded our bags, but with it being on the third floor I was too exhausted to think straight by the time I got up here. 





It has been so nice to have a "home". We will be staying here for the next month while we wait for our household goods to arrive. I must say i am pleased with our accommodations and very thankful to Mister's new job for hooking us up like this!

Auntie G came to visit and we explore Grapevine Mills. It's a super neat mall with an arcade, aquarium, and Legoland!



While we were hanging out in the food court and E was, once again, indulging in a Sonic corndog, her first tooth fell out! How exciting!! The tooth fairy came to visit her and left a whopping $5! From what I hear the tooth fairy wasn't expecting the job to be so hard, but she got the job done. ;)


We have had a lot of fun, but there have been plenty of boring, emotional days. When Husband and I were in the Air Force we definitely spent long stretches apart, but this is the longest we've gone in a while. I've had plenty of emotional days and a lot of happy ones too. 

I've noticed my clothes getting a little (lot) tighter and I am attributing that to all the stress and horrible eating habits since we have been uprooted. My sister and I decided to do a 30 day workout challenge to kind of kick start us both into healthier living. It's nothing drastic, just a few workouts each day. It gives me a reason to check in with her everyday and hopefully remind me of what I am supposed to be doing. Wish me luck!

This next week will be full of excitement. E will start school and hopefully Mr. Daddy will be making his arrival! Stay well friends. 

Cheers!

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness your new apartment is beautiful!!! I've been thinking about you and wondering how it's going? When is D getting there? I'm so happy it's going well. Hang in there. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling: Tips and Destiantions

Friday Favorites- Jimmy Kimmel invades the Start-Up

The Child I Lost