Moving On

We always knew our time would be limited here. When we took the job we said it was a 2 to 3 year plan. We have been here just under 2 years and already our time is up. We have been to beautiful beaches, hiked gorgeous trails and discovered waterfalls. We've visited other islands, made incredible friends. We really have taken full advantage of our time here and done everything we could have in our short time.

Moving to Hawaii has done something to me. I feel like I've accomplished something. Coming from small town, Oklahoma I never thought I'd have the opportunity to leave and explore. When I moved to England I was ecstatic and felt some sense of accomplishment, but it was safe. I moved with the military and they took care of me. This move to Hawaii we did on our own.

The accomplishment I feel isn't the kind that you think of when you've earned something monetary. Its more the type you feel when graduating college. When you've had a weight loss goal and stuck with the plan and now have a new body to show for it. I always knew I wanted to explore. I wanted to move somewhere exotic. Ive done that now.

Now it's time to move on. Time to be near family, at least for a little while. My childhood revolved around my grandparents. I hope that with this move our girls can learn a little bit about that. I am looking forward to my parents taking them out for ice cream. I'm looking forward to birthday parties with aunts and uncles. I am happy we will have to coordinate holidays when our whole married life it has just been us. I've loved that it has just been us, but now its time for more.
We will be moving to the DFW area. Husband will be working at DFW airport on the terminal train. This career move will create more stability. I'm hoping blood pressures drop and family time increases.
As with every move, I am going to miss the friends I've made the most. I'm going to miss the playdates at the beach and cooking lots of food in my kitchen. I'll miss specific voices and laughs that only these special people have. We are going to miss the ocean. This gorgeously clear, turquoise ocean. The calm beaches, the soft sand. We are going to miss the culture. Going to Costco and everyone being in swimsuit coverups and "slippas". I'm going to miss the Aloha spirt that everyone talks about. People rolling down their windows to wave at you for letting them over on the highway. Shorts and flip flops every day of the year.

So bring on the seasons, Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's, Disney on Ice, museums, road trips, and sporting events. I don't think I'll ever consider myself a Texas girl, but I'm ready to put this girl in Texas...
Here is a review in pictures of our time here on Oahu...
View from the hotel we stayed in while waiting for the arrival of our household goods. 
This cracks me up! The sun was so bright she just couldn't be bothered to open her little 4 month old eyes. 
Our first swim as Hawaiian residents. 
Our hotel was right next to the Honolulu Zoo so we took advantage while we were in walking distance. I love the trees here and just how massive they are. Also, look how tiny my baby is!

Giraffe with a view of Diamond Head
Move in day and playing at the park right down the road. 



I swear she has on bloomers.
A little secret garden not far from our house


I'll miss evening spent in Waikiki
\


And the lagoons near our house


The rainbows have been a fun treat

And I'll never forget the mountains


Let's not forget the waterfalls

What a special treat it has been to have so many visitors
My dad and step-mom ziplinning at Kualoa Ranch 
Pops with his two grand babies
Our sweet friends of about 8 years
Getting ready to hike Diamond Head
First Friends. These girls have literally known each other their whole lives and I love their bond
Uncle with this cutie
Thats my BRO!
Brother Joe and his sweet girlfriend, Ashleigh
My best friend is married to my cousin!
We are a lot happier than pictures show
It will be fun they said. Easy they said. :)
Cousins are the best friends!
My best friend in the whole world!
Christmas hasn't been the same since wearing shorts year round, but I'll miss the uniqueness that comes with it. 
They are actually sweating in these pjs, but big sis wanted them.
Speaking of holidays, I've loved getting to spend Thanksgiving here.


I'll also miss things like this



Aloha, Hawaii. Thank you for the good times. You will always be in our hearts. <3 





Comments

  1. Yippee!! So excited for y'all and the next chapter! It's going to be GREAT❤ ALOHA and welcome back to the main land

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling: Tips and Destiantions

Friday Favorites- Jimmy Kimmel invades the Start-Up

The Child I Lost