MLK Day

Hi Friends!

Today I want to share this little video I saw on another blogger's page. It is so simple and powerful and who doesn't love the kid president? 


I remember the first time I heard the "I have a dream" speech. I was in a summer theatre class and at the end of our play we all said the words. I was twelve years old. Now, I'm not putting blame on anyone, but that seems a bit old to be hearing those words for the first time. Today I'm going to talk with my kids about Dr. King. I'm not sure if they will understand what I tell them or if they'll even remember what I say, but the conversation needs to be had. 

We don't need to only talk about being kind to people on MLK day, but everyday. It needs to be a part of the continuous conversations we have with our children. Being kind and treating others with respect is our duty as humans. As parents, teaching these values to our children is paramount. 

"I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low. The rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight. And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together. This is our hope."



If you have a moment, I encourage you to read Dr. King's famous speech. It isn't terribly long, but overwhelmingly powerful.  

Happy Monday!

Cheers!
Sarah 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling: Tips and Destiantions

Friday Favorites- Jimmy Kimmel invades the Start-Up