Rainbow After the Storm





If you have been following along you know that I haven't had the best of weeks. I reached a breaking point a few nights ago and spilled my guts for the world to see just how sad I had been. I am so thankful that I shared that post because I have had so many women message me privately, and publicly, to tell me how they feel the exact same way. Isn't it comforting to know we aren't alone? No one wants to feel alone. 

Then yesterday I was browsing through Facebook and I came across a memory from two years ago. I had had a good day and this is what I said.


"After spending the entire day out with my family shopping I was feeling very thankful. I then started thinking how much I hope our girls remember all the fun things we do with them. I hope they will one day look back on their childhoods and it mostly be good and happy memories. I then reminisced on my own childhood and there are a few memories that really stick out in my mind. Spending the day at Red River, building sandcastles. Glueing Popsicle sticks together and building army forts in the back yard with my brother. My step-mom teaching me how to spell my middle name and how to cross stitch while we waited for the lights to come back on after a storm. Playing dress up in my mom's high heels. My happiest memories from childhood were from times when we didn't have a lot of money. We were creative in making fun. We spent quality time together! So next time I have extra free time and E is begging me to play Barbies with her I'm going to try my hardest to give her all my attention. I'm going to try and remember to jump on the trampoline a little more and dance around the living room when she's practicing her ballet. I, more often than I want to admit, let the daily grind cloud the fact that I can be a fun person. I am vowing to be more fun more often! All you parents out there that are having bad days think about your happiest childhood memories and then try giving that gift to your kids.
That's what I have to say about that "


What a refreshing memory to see after having such a bad day. It is a reminder that there are more sunny days than cloudy. So again, I leave the message. If you are having a bad day, think of your happiest childhood memory and maybe that will bring a smile to your face. 

Cheers, Friends!

Comments

  1. Yay! Those little reminders are such a blessing. 😘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling: Tips and Destiantions

Friday Favorites- Jimmy Kimmel invades the Start-Up

The Child I Lost