Post Number One

Deep breath. Here it is! I have been wanting to type these words for so long, and after, almost daily, probing from my friends and family, I am finally taking the jump. I hope to write about my life, my adventures, my projects and not bore any readers in the process.

I am a girl from Oklahoma who didn't see much of the world until I was 23. After a rough couple of years, a divorce, and finding myself back at home under my parents' roof, I decided to join the military and that is when I really started living my life. My first airplane ride was on the way to San Antonio and thankfully I loved it, because I spent the next three years in the back of a KC-135 refueling, or being a boom operator as we call it. About a year of that time was spent in training where I met amazing people, traveled to new places, and really started discovering myself for the first time. 

As we all did I dreamed of getting my first choice assignment and lucky me, I did! So, December 17, 2009 I arrived at London Heathrow and I couldn't have been any happier. I still remember the striped shirt I was wearing and how dizzy I felt walking out from the gate that day, trying to squint and figure out which stranger would be picking me up and delivering me to RAF Mildenhall, my first choice. 

For the next two years I lived the life. I went on government paid missions that took me to Germany, Italy, Greece, and many other exciting places. This Oklahoma girl was happy! I learned how to spend a weekend at home alone and be content. I took day trips with friends. Then I met my husband.

D and I had a whirlwind romance and fell in love very quickly. He was and is the man I needed. Kind, adventurous, hardworking. We were married November 2010 and I became pregnant just a few short months later. April 1, 2012 I became a civilian. I became a "dependent". I became a stay at home woman who gave birth to child number one just a few days later. This was the end of one exciting chapter and the beginning of something MUCH more



I wish, for storytelling purposes, that this is where I could say we begin, but life has happened. It is now five years later and I am the mother of 2. We are now a completely civilian family and after two and a half years of living in Califonia's Bay Area we are now living the dream on the Hawaiian island of Oahu. I am overly enthusiastic, a relentless wanderluster, and trying to make it through motherhood one day at a time. Welcome!
Blackberry Phone picture Circa 2009

Crew Entry Chute

Deploying with your bestie was the best 

KC-135 

Life of a Boom Operator 

Pregnant with #1

Pregnant with #2

Comments

  1. Love it that you are blogging - wonderful first post! I feel like I know you better now :) - keep 'em comin'!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Traveling: Tips and Destiantions

Friday Favorites- Jimmy Kimmel invades the Start-Up

The Child I Lost